Here are a few updates and reminders as we approach the GSDHJA Medal Finals and end of the 2020 season.
As the 2020 GSDHJA Medal Finals are being held at the Del Mar Horsepark Nov 5-8 horse show and NOT the traditional GSDHJA Year End Championship Show the “A-Show Rule’ and stipulation does not apply. Anyone is welcome to show in all classes as long as they meet the requirements and qualifications for that class.
The qualification to show in any of the GSDHJA Medal Finals held on Sunday November 8 are that the rider must have competed and been judged at least one time in that specific Medal during the 2020 season. ALL GSDHJA Medals will be offered at the Del Mar Horsepark Show the week of Finals prior to Sunday and will count toward Medal Finals qualifications.
The GSDHJA 2020 Season concludes on November 8, 2020. This will be the last day to earn points towards year end standings for 2020. All submissions of corrections/inquiries regarding points from the Medal Finals and November show will be due within 10 days upon posting of the Medal Finals show points. All points corrections/inquiries from the October horse shows are due by November 1, 2020.
COVID-19 Safety Protocol
The GSDHJA board is committed to offering the Medal Finals in the safest way possible. Social Distancing and Face Coverings will be strictly enforced. The GSDHJA board members/ horse show management and personnel/ Del Mar Horsepark management and personnel have the right to remind/ask anyone not in compliance with Covid-19 safety protocol to please do so immediately for their own safety and the safety of others.
Anyone entering the competitions grounds will be asked to:
- Have their temperature checked upon entering the facility and complete a Covid-19 health screening
- Maintain a 6 foot social distancing guideline with anyone not from their immediate household
- Avoid Congregating, including at rings, in-gates, barns, etc.
- Must be wearing a cloth face covering or face mask at all times unless mounted on a horse.
- Spectators and visitors are discouraged. Please “Show and Go”
- We ask all trainers to please remind their clients, grooms, assistants, etc of these protocols and raise the bar for safe and continued horse showing!
See you all soon!
Jenifer Clark Duron
GSDHJA Vice President